Monday, January 2, 2012

Mountains of Mist

New Years Eve. We don't get out in the evening but we spent the morning outside. I love that we can be outside during the winter here. We drove about 25 minutes up the Gorge to Multnomah Falls. It's always beautiful but I think that it's my favorite this time of year. There's so much water that it's like thunder all around you. The mist swirls around you and the moss drips off the trees. It's SO green. Every shade that was ever created blending into new shades as the light filters through the branches.










Afterwards we headed to Charburger for lunch. Charburger isn't fancy but it has history - my Mom and Dad used to drive over the Bridge of the Gods to eat there as newlyweds! With all of my moving around I never thought I'd have little connections like this one.






 It was a perfect way to end our year and move into the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment