Friday, May 14, 2010

Beginnings

I think I have made my first step into the nesting mode... The first time around I'm pretty sure that it took me about this long to really grasp that life is about to change. I'm right on schedule!


Here is my new book from Anna Maria Horner and my current baby paraphernalia fabric stash that I'm making plans with. I haven't bought anything new yet. Yes, I have this much fabric sitting around waiting for a designated use. Now I've just got to flesh it out a bit more. Yay! A trip to the fabric store!

On my list so far:

  • Crib skirt
  • Crib bumper
  • "Diaper" Bag (or a tote that's big enough to haul around all that crap!)
  •  Mother Hen and 6 chicks

Now... can I get all of this done? Before I went downstairs to look over what I already have in stock I would have said "No Way!". My sewing motivation and output has been virtually nil for the last year. But it's amazing how energizing just looking through fabric is! So, I pulled it all out, did a little thinking and now have an actual plan and a pattern already cut out and ready to sew!

Maybe  I can even add that cute skirt, blouse and the crib quilt to the list!


2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you are doing all of this, especially since you are still working, and being a Mom. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ANOTHER website to visit regularly! Facebook, Goodreads, Yahoo email, this one ... Perfect for procrastinating from work.

    Nice pics.

    ReplyDelete