Monday, October 17, 2011

The Birds Series: The Landing

Those that know me know that I have an irrational fear and hatred of birds. (Actually, I think it's perfectly justified!)  "But Why?" you might ask. There are a number of traumatic experiences to point to and, in an attempt to bring some levity to your day, I'm going to chronicle as many of those moments as I can remember.  So...keep a look out for The Birds Series.

One evening we were sitting out in my parents’ backyard after dinner enjoying the warm summer evening and good conversation. There were five adults sitting in a circle carrying on a conversation – both of these facts should guarantee that there will be no harassment from wild animals (not to mention that we were smack dab in the city!)…

Suddenly, a bird flew by and LANDED ON MY HEAD!

Everyone laughed while I freaked out.

Go here for more in this series. 

No comments:

Post a Comment