Monday, August 1, 2011

The Woods of Whining

It's mostly good around here. Lots of love and giggles, kisses and hugs and general wonderment over spectacular little details.

But. There are the challenges too.

I surprised myself with the enjoyment of parenthood. I was doing a pretty good job at it. Then The Princess turned three...now she's almost four. I have entered the phase of parenting where "keeping them alive" isn't good enough.

Now I must think quickly, dole out suitable punishments and figure out when ignoring is appropriate and when it's just lazy.

Sometimes I feel like I'm lazy more than appropriate.

My brain just doesn't work fast enough...  Will it work faster when Sweetpea gets to this phase (I'd like to live in denial that she'll ever enter the whining, displaying her own will phase but that would be foolish, right?)

No comments:

Post a Comment