Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Favorite Scramble

The Mt. Hood Scramble is my favorite race. I realized that as I was on my hands and knees crawling through brush and trying to locate the next pink tape fluttering from a tree branch to tell me where to go. My shoes were oozing muddy water.


Excited to start!

I've written about this race before, I've run it every year since I discovered it except for those two lifestyle hampering pregnancies I survived. It's grueling and crazy and challenging fun. Every year is different and there's always something that catches you by surprise. This year it was getting stuck in the river for a few moments with one leg pulled down by the current and the other stuck on a root, then I clawed my way up the other side of the bank.


Muddy Aftermath

It's just so out of the ordinary; it's literally a breath of fresh air, no matter that the elevation makes you feel like you're sucking it in through a straw.

Can't wait until next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment