Thursday, March 17, 2011

On making dinner

Cooking isn't one of my favorite things. I prefer to bake. But, since I have a husband who must eat (the wee ones aren't into food yet... Yes, The Princess is 3 but her favorite food is black beans, from a can, cold, with the bean juice. I can't make these things up!) and I'm at home near the kitchen I'm compelled to give it a try.


Here are a few of my attempts over the past two weeks...

1. Potato, Egg and Bacon Experiment.  Sometimes I refuse to go grocery shopping until two weeks have passed unless it's for fresh fruit or something. It's a matter of principal! That means that I have to make something out of whatever I have left in the fridge. The other night it wasn't much.


I thinly sliced red potatoes, scattered them in layers in the pan and simmered them in a  little broth. Once cooked I added beaten eggs, salt, pepper and crumbled bacon. Cooked it until the egg was done. It was quite good if I do say so myself!

2. Spinach Ricotta Bites  OK, The Princess enjoyed helping me make these but wasn't a fan, but who's surprised? Not me! I, on the other hand, had to stop myself from eating all of them in one sitting! They were even good heated in the microwave for breakfast the next day!







3. Minestrone Soup - Love my crockpot and LOVE this soup! I've eaten it four days in a row....

No comments:

Post a Comment