Monday, March 21, 2011

Edge of Insanity

Last year (or was it the year before? I'm not sure...the fun has all blended together) Steve's co-workers got together and got him a card for his birthday. Not some little card with a nice, work appropriate sentiment. No, this was a giant MUSICAL card.

I'm sure that they thought it was a funny joke. An obnoxiously funny little tune to brighten up his day. Did they know he was going to bring it home to his young daughter? Did they know that she would think it was THE BEST THING EVER?!!!



Seriously, this card has given us HOURS of entertainment! At first I thought I was going to go crazy having to listen to the song over and over and over again. The obnoxious was overpowering the funny... But then I decided I could either spoil the fun or join it. So I joined it and now we have rousing dance sing-a-long parties to this card.

The Princess decided that it was time to introduce Sweetpea to the awesomeness that is the Birthday Card. I couldn't help but record it.  

Caveat: Since The Princess knew she was being filmed she dialed back the excitement WAY back. Trust me, I haven't seen such a quiet rendition in a long time! (and we were just about to leave the house, Sweetpea isn't strapped into the carseat all day!)

No comments:

Post a Comment