Friday, October 1, 2010

Six Weeks

So...it's been six weeks since The Sweetpea made her arrival. I seriously don't know where the time has gone. It feels like it's been a blink and here we are. Yes, there have been some seriously long days in that blink but overall the speed in which we've moved continues to disorient me!

Six weeks is long and short. It's been one continuous juggling act. How many things can I do with one hand? How quickly can I get any one task done? (or realistically, HALF of the task. Any task takes AT LEAST two days right now!) How many outfits can I pull together before actually leave the house? It's mentally exhausting more than anything.

But I look at The Sweetpea and am shocked that she's outgrown the brand-new-newborn look already. She looks like a real baby now. She's cooing and chatting a little and her blue eyes have emerged from the film that covered them in the beginning.

The Princess has pushed through the growing pains of losing her only child, center of the universe status. She's caring and kind and sweet to her little sister and she helps me immensely!  She's still refuses to get close to The Sweetpea when she's crying - she can't handle the noise. But, who can blame her! You've got to hold to you principles and intolerance of noise is one of the "Royal Principles" around here.

It's been six weeks and I'm finally typing with two hands! For a few minutes at least. Small steps to independence that make me happy and nostalgic at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment