Monday, July 1, 2013

Science

There's nothing like a 90 degree day to strike fear in my heart. What am I going to do with these children all afternoon while we swelter inside our little space?  This is where Pinterest comes in to save the day. Today we did a bunch of science experiments - easy, fun, only requiring things I already had in my kitchen. My type of afternoon!

First up: Thunderstorms


The Princess can now tell you what density means and which air, cold or hot, is denser. This one was so good we did it twice.



Next: Color absorption (1)


Absorption and color mixing. Maybe next time we'll try this one with red and blue and see if we can make purple.



Finally: Color absorption (2)

 
Quick, easy and almost instant gratification. Plus, once things travel for a few minutes you start seeing the colors separate into their components.


No comments:

Post a Comment