Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Breakfast in the Park

Those hot days of summer have arrived, much to my yearly chagrin, and I'm trying to find ways to beat the heat. First brilliant idea: Breakfast in the Park!


Lucky for us the park is mere steps from our condo and, since I am all about simple when it comes to food, it was a matter of grabbing some Morning Glory Muffins and bananas and heading out to the cool air while we still had it.


Everyone was thrilled and we had a good hour before heading back to a pre-planned tea-party The Princess had on her agenda.


After I posted a picture of our morning on facebook I got the most delightful comment. Turns out that my grandparents used to do breakfast in the park, quite unbeknownst to me. Of course, theirs were more elaborate with "coffee, eggs, and bacon cooked over the fire." I'm so thrilled to have that memory shared with me and to find out that I was unknowningly carrying on the tradition.



No comments:

Post a Comment