Monday, July 25, 2011

Strange happenings on Pinterest

Do you know of Pinterest? I'm sure I'm late to the party but I've finally made it and let me tell you, it's fun! It's such a happy place full of beautiful pictures and inspiration.  I won't bore you with all of the "pretties"...but I do have a few questions about some of the "strange" things I've noticed...

  • There are a lot of pins that involve very intricate fingernail polish applications and designs...Do people really spend that much time on their nails? I'm just happy when mine aren't broken off into jagged little nubs!


  • If you need a cute baby animal picture there are many at your fingertips.  My heart squeees at each one but I'm not sure why I need a pin board for them. Do people go back and just look at cute animal pictures?
  • There are lots and lots of quotes. I'm not terribly inspired by most of them but it confirms my sneaking suspicion that I should start keeping a quote book. Or at least a book of the important passages from books that I can never seem to find again and then I go crazy from the looking!

  • There are a number of recipes to make your own Starbucks drinks at home that taste "just like Starbucks!"  Is Starbucks still setting the bar for good coffee? I don't think so (rest assured, I'm happy to drink their coffee.)


If you're looking for inspiration or just to waste a little time (because who doesn't have spare time just sitting around asking to be wasted, right?) check it out. I will invite you if you want me to...

No comments:

Post a Comment