Monday, May 23, 2011

Inspiration

We painted our house when we first moved in and I've loved the colors every since. But...sometimes you just need a change. And when you've been slogging through the days change starts to sound really good!  So I've come up with a plan for our bedroom. In my former life (read: before children) this would have been a weekend project. Now I'm being realistic and calling it my summer project.

Goal: New wall color, new light fixture, painted bed and dresser, new quilt for the bed (this will probably be a fall project since it's pieced and ready to quilt, but the thought of sitting under a thick blanket in July and August while I hand quilt it sounds revolting. I'll have to wait until the weather cools!)

The before "pieces"...

Wall Paint:  French Silver (It's gray...I know it might look blue on some of your screens...)

Furniture Paint: Picket Fence by Martha Stewart (apparently her new enamel paint is formulated for furniture!)


 Lighting: Kristaller by Ikea

Bedding: Providing the punch of color for the room



Stay tuned...I may even provide a peek into the "process" (which will involve Steve being forced to paint and me holding back the small minions intent on "helping"!)

No comments:

Post a Comment