That didn't stop me from boarding a bus for a 5 hour evening trip with The Princess and Sweatpea. I'm all about adventure with the potential for epic fallout!
But, both girls were great and our fellow passengers were heard chuckling over the rapturous exclamations from The Princess. Everything was exciting, everything was wonderful, everything was as good as it ever could be.
I couldn't help but write down a few of the exclamations...
- Look at her beautiful shoes! (as we were looking at the people standing outside watching us leave)
- These chairs are so pretty! Look at all of the colors!
- This is SO fun!
- Did you bring Esme's pacifiers? (she's always looking out for her sister...so sweet!)
- This is my favorite apple. I'm going to eat it all by myself. (they provided boxed lunches for us, excitement in and of itself before we even opened up the box!)
- You can read the blue book to me and I will listen to you!
- I love Jesus and God and we're going really fast!
- Look at all of the beautiful lights! (bedtime is at 6:30 so she's not usually out of the house when it's dark)
- That was a great song! (after listening to someone's cellphone ring)
The excitement and wonder she bubbles over with makes the adventures we go on, and every day life, worth the risk of tantrums, headaches and epic breakdowns. Life is so much fun!