Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Salmon Running

So you know that yummy pink fish we all love to eat? (By ALL I mean those of us with discerning taste...I'm the only one in my family who will touch it. Which means that when Steve came back with fresh salmon from Alaska I got to eat ALL OF IT. Score.)

Fishermen, one of the many hazards for the salmon.
The Sea Lions are waiting for them a little further up...

Anyway, the salmon are running right now. In record numbers.
 
 
 So, we high-tailed it to the Bonneville Dam to see the sights.


 It was totally awesome.


Making its way through the ladders

Then we went out for burgers. When I showed The Princess my pink salmon burger and informed her that I was eating one of the fish we'd just seen she wasn't impressed. Pretty color, still not eating it.

No comments:

Post a Comment